≡ Menu

If My Ex Hasn’t Followed The Settlement After Our Divorce In Brooklyn, What Do I Do?

Assuming you’ve spoken to your former spouse about the particular elements they’ve failed to take care of in your divorce settlement, it may be time to ask the court to help enforce the order.

The judge will likely order a hearing on the issue, and your ex will receive a summons to appear.

This can often cause them to wrap up any outstanding matters on their own.

If there is some reason for the delay in following judge’s orders, they can plead their case during the hearing, or the judge can pursue other actions to make them comply.

Enforcing existing orders is a key component of the court system, and it’s unfortunately very common for parties in a divorce to delay meeting their obligations in order to try to hurt the other.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get the support you need from the court to move forward and get on with your life.

Call 718-725-9601 today and talk to an experienced Brooklyn enforcement attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.