≡ Menu

If My Ex-Spouse’s Bills Are Paid By Their New Partner, Do I Pay Less Child Support If I Live In Brooklyn?

Yes, when your spouse is being supported by someone else, you may have cause to seek a modification in your child support payments in Brooklyn.

Judges can examine the parents’ finances and impute income in cases where substantial support is coming from a new romantic partner or even in cases where a job pays for perks like a car or housing costs.

These instances should be addressed by the court, and an attorney specializing in divorce and child support matters in Brooklyn is your best bet to arrive at a fair child support payment that fully reflects your spouse’s financial situation.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino are some of Brooklyn’s most experienced divorce and child support attorneys. Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.