≡ Menu

Can I Convert My Separation Agreement To A Divorce If My Spouse In Brooklyn Doesn’t Consent?

In New York, you can file for divorce at any point using the no-fault ground of Irretrievable Breakdown, and receive a divorce even if your spouse doesn’t consent.

That said, the specifics matter, and when you and your spouse have been abiding by a separation agreement, it should make sense to simply ask a judge to convert it to a divorce judgment.

When your spouse isn’t on board, they can hold up the process and cost you time, money, and emotional energy.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we can help identify areas of conflict with your spouse and develop strategies to overcome objections and move your divorce forward.

In the worst case, we will pursue swift litigation to end your marriage and leave you in the strongest possible position.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn divorce lawyer.

Comments on this entry are closed.