≡ Menu

How Do I Protect My Property In Our Marital Home After I File For Divorce In Brooklyn?

When you file for divorce in Brooklyn, your judge will issue so-called Automatic Orders that require both spouses to maintain the current standing of bank accounts, property, and other elements of your marriage.

While this entitles you to remedies if your property is damaged or disposed of or if you have concerns that your belongings may be subject to retaliation by your spouse, you may want to take steps above and beyond to preserve important property.

There are legal options worth exploring.

You may be able to obtain an order of exclusive occupancy for your home or part of your home.

An experienced Brooklyn divorce attorney can help you take the right steps to preserve your property.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-725-9601 today for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.