≡ Menu

To Modify My Custody Agreement In Brooklyn, Do I Go To Family Court Or Back To The Supreme Court?

Whether you file in Brooklyn’s family court or go back to supreme court to file your custody modification petition may depend on the specifics of the existing orders.

If your divorce settlement or previous custody order specified jurisdiction in a particular court, then that will be where you file.

If that isn’t specified in the previous order, then you should be able to file in whichever court is most convenient for you.

Building an effective case for custody modification may require the help of an experienced Brooklyn custody attorney.

Call Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation about your Brooklyn custody issue.

Comments on this entry are closed.