≡ Menu

How Do I Get Child Support Deductions To Stop After I Win Custody In Brooklyn?

It’s a very common scenario in Brooklyn: a parent who has been paying child support wins custody, but continues to have money withdrawn from their paycheck to pay child support to the child’s other parent, despite incurring all the costs of parenting.

It can be frustrating and even financially debilitating, but the good news is that it isn’t forever.

Dealing with any bureaucracy can be difficult, but if you’re persistent, the deductions will stop soon.

You’ll also be owed any money paid to your child’s other parent.

When these situations don’t run smoothly, it can be helpful to have an attorney who understands the ins and outs of Brooklyn’s family law system, and how to get help collecting the money you’re owed.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you.

Call 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn child support attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.