≡ Menu

Why Can’t Child Support Get The Deductions Right So I Don’t Have To Pay My Ex Back When They Overpay Me?

Basically, Brooklyn’s child support enforcement office can’t get the deductions right because they’re overworked and understaffed and deal with all the regulatory hurdles of any other bureaucracy.

It isn’t pretty, but eventually they will be in touch with your ex’s employer to adjust the withholdings from their paycheck.

This can be a difficult time for people who’d rather not be in frequent touch with their former spouse or significant other, but it’s temporary.

You’re right to seek out avenues to pay your ex back when you receive an overpayment.

Make sure to get a receipt or to hold onto documentation like PayPal confirmation emails so you never have to defend your actions during this period.

When problems drag on, or if your ex won’t cooperate with efforts you’re making to work around the problems, an attorney can help.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino we help clients in Brooklyn get the fastest remedies when child support payments aren’t right.

Call 718-725-9601 today and talk to an experienced Brooklyn child support attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.