≡ Menu

Our Joint Custody In Brooklyn Isn’t Working And My Ex Stopped Paying Support. Should I Ask The Judge For Sole Custody?

Seeking sole custody is one approach, but the best long term success is likely gained by seeking enforcement action on the child support order your former spouse is ignoring.

Your top priority in a custody matter should be to protect your child’s long term well being, which includes the financial security that child support is intended to provide.

Every parent in New York is obligated to provide financially for their children, and the court can take swift and significant action to force your former spouse to pay.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino understand that every family has particular dynamics that matter when it comes to making decisions around custody.

Protecting your child is a duty we take seriously.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn child custody attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.