≡ Menu

Can Divorces Be Canceled In Brooklyn Once They’re Started?

Yes, divorce actions can be discontinued in Brooklyn courts even after they’re underway.

Early on, the process is for the spouse who filed the divorce to submit a Notice of Discontinuance to the court.

If your spouse is already party to the action, they’ll have to submit a Stipulation of Discontinuance as well.

Later, there may be additional hoops you’ll have to jump through, which your lawyer can help you with. Properly ending your divorce suit saves you and the court time and money.

An experienced Brooklyn divorce attorney can help make sure that your divorce petition is properly closed, and best of all, help you evaluate your options going forward.

If your marriage is in trouble, you should be able to ask questions about the possibilities ahead for you.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-725-9601 to speak to an experienced Brooklyn divorce lawyer for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.