≡ Menu

Can My Ex Come After My New Spouse For Child Support In Brooklyn?

While your ex-spouse can’t make a court in Brooklyn order your new spouse to pay your child support bill, former spouses have a lot of tools at hand when it comes to making life hard for their remarried exes.

Your new spouse may end up having to divulge financial information as part of motions you’re defending against, brought by your former spouse.

Because of your child support obligation, you and your new spouse may split bills in a way that reflects your various obligations, and the court can treat this type of arrangement as imputed income that can affect the amount of your child support payment.

Obviously, these are complicated areas and sometimes highly technical.

If you believe your former spouse is throwing legal grenades to get back at you for marrying or becoming engaged, there are things you can do to stop it.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help protect you from vengeful ex-spouses who want to take your new marriage down.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn child support attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.