≡ Menu

I Finally Got Custody Of My Kids In Brooklyn. Does My Ex Owe Me Child Support Now?

Congratulations on getting custody of your kids in Brooklyn.

In most cases, your ex should owe you child support, but you may have to work to get the necessary court orders in place to make that happen.
If you’ve been paying child support and it’s been automatically deducted, you may find that the deductions continue even though you’re the custodial parent now.

You should contact an experienced Brooklyn child support attorney right away to file the motions that can clear up the situation, stop your payments, and make your ex responsible for supporting their children.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino help parents in Brooklyn get child support and clarify all existing orders when a custody change happens.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 and speak to an experienced Brooklyn child support attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.