≡ Menu

Can I Continue The Divorce If My Spouse Withdraws Their Divorce Action In Brooklyn?

Yes, you can continue the divorce in Brooklyn even if your spouse is having second thoughts.

The specifics of your divorce will depend on how you proceed, but if you filed a counterclaim to the action brought against you, you have already sued your spouse and your case is not concluded.

If not, you are allowed to file your own divorce petition and begin the process on your own terms.

In either case, you should consult with an experienced Brooklyn divorce attorney to make sure that your rights and interests are protected.

Poorly negotiated settlements and badly litigated cases can cost you huge sums of money in the long term.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino are experienced in all areas of divorce law, and can help deliver the best outcome possible in your case.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 to speak to an experienced Brooklyn divorce lawyer for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.