≡ Menu

My Spouse Has Relinquished A Claim On My Pension In Brooklyn, But Our Divorce Is Decades Old. Can I Still File For A Modification Of The Settlement?

Yes, and when you and your former spouse have agreed to a change to your existing settlement in Brooklyn, it’s important that you update the existing court orders or risk your ex having a change of heart later and pursuing a claim against you.

Modification of an agreement where both parties have reached a resolution to an issue is usually fairly straightforward.

It’s still best to rely on the help of experienced divorce and modification attorneys who can ensure that your paperwork is filed properly and details the changes to the satisfaction of the court.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can save you time and money by making sure your modification is handled properly the first time so you don’t have to pay the fees over and over again to get it right.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 to speak to an experienced Brooklyn modification attorney for free.



Comments on this entry are closed.