≡ Menu

Can I Appeal A Child Custody Ruling In Brooklyn If I Think My Ex-Spouse Is Abusive?

Appeals to child custody rulings are rare, but if you believe your former spouse is abusing your child, you have to take action.

Appeals can be made when a judge has made a mistake in the relevant laws in your case, or an error regarding the facts of your case.

You can’t appeal simply because you don’t like the ruling, but in cases where a child is at risk from an abusive parent, you must take steps right away.

Whether an appeal is the most appropriate approach, or some other action is required to protect your child, the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you take control of the situation and protect your children from abuse.

We know how important it is to act swiftly when your child’s safety is in jeopardy, and can take steps right away to help resolve the situation.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn child custody attorney.


Child Custody

Comments on this entry are closed.