≡ Menu

My Spouse Filed A Counter-Claim When I Filed For Divorce In Brooklyn, But I’d Like To Try To Reconcile Now. What Do I Do?

You should proceed with some measure of caution, depending on how far along you are in your negotiations towards a settlement.

Because your spouse countered your complaint, they have the ability to pursue the divorce immediately, even if you want to pause the action.

Many couples realize during the divorce process that they’re not ready to give up on each other yet, and if you and your spouse are in agreement, you can both stipulate to a withdrawal of the divorce.

Reconciliation happens all the time, and is genuinely cause for celebration, but it’s important that you work with your attorneys to understand any possible complications, and to make sure all legal maneuvers are properly executed and completed in order to protect yourself.

When you’re having second thoughts about your divorce, trust the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino to protect your interests while you talk things through with your spouse.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with experienced Brooklyn divorce attorneys.



Comments on this entry are closed.