≡ Menu

If I Can Prove That My Spouse Earns More Than They Said They Do, Can The Judge Cancel The Temporary Maintenance Order In Brooklyn?

Temporary Maintenance Lawyers In Brooklyn, New York

Yes, if you have documentation or other evidence that shows your spouse hid assets or income that would affect the award, you have a right to reopen the topic.

It may also be beneficial to move forward to the trial phase as quickly as possible, since a motion to modify the order could take a number of months to be decided.

The biggest advantage you’ll have when you can show your spouse has acted in bad faith is that it makes the rest of their case less plausible.

Judges do not like being lied to, and they do not appreciate it when parties to a divorce behave in underhanded ways that manipulate the legal system.

When your spouse has misled the court, you should act immediately to protect yourself from further bad faith acts.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get the best possible settlement, the lowest possible maintenance payments.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn temporary maintenance lawyer.


Temporary Maintenance

Comments on this entry are closed.