≡ Menu

Is It Possible To Get My Ex To Support Me As A Stay-At-Home Parent Until Our Kids Graduate High School In Brooklyn?

It may be possible to create a spousal maintenance award that allows you to remain at home while your children finish high school.

Some questions you should ask yourself are, how old are your children?

How willing is your spouse to support you after the marriage?

How able is your spouse to provide funds for your maintenance?

If your children are already in high school and your spouse has the ability to provide spousal maintenance for you over the next few years, then the court may be willing to allow the arrangement even if your spouse would prefer something different.

If your spouse is on board, it may be an easy arrangement to negotiate.

If your children are relatively young, this arrangement is less likely to work.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you identify the best solution that gives your children all the support and stability they deserve.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn divorce and child support attorney.
Spousal Maintenance

Comments on this entry are closed.