≡ Menu

If I Don’t Want To Wait On The Divorce Paperwork, Can I Change My Name While We’re Still Married In Brooklyn?

You can change your name before your divorce is finalized in Brooklyn, through the usual legal channels for doing so, but you should ask yourself why you need to use two legal processes when your divorce judgment will include your right to revert to your previous surname.

Is your attorney not staying on top of your case? Is your divorce dragging on for no particular reason?

If you feel like you’ll never see the end of your divorce, it may be time to find a new lawyer.
Name Change
While even simple divorces can take several months from start to finish, you shouldn’t have the feeling that yours will be tied up in court forever.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help advance your divorce if it’s been stuck in legal limbo for too long.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn divorce lawyer.

Comments on this entry are closed.