≡ Menu

My Ex-Spouse Says Our Teenager Is Just Being A Teenager, But I Think He Has Mental Health Problems. How Can I Get My Son Help In Brooklyn?

When your former spouse has legal custody of your child, you don’t have the ability to make medical decisions for him, even when you suspect something is seriously wrong.

This can be a big problem if you’re seeing indications of mental health issues that may make your child a danger to himself or others.

It’s all too easy to write off anti-social or other behaviors as typical teen acting out, but in some cases, those behaviors point to needs that can only be addressed by competent professionals.
If you believe your spouse is downplaying a serious health issues, whether physical or mental, you have every reason to ask Brooklyn Family Court to review the matter.

A custody modification may be called for if you believe you can provide better supervision and treatment options than your ex-spouse.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you present your case in Family Court and take every available step to protect your child.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn child custody attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.