≡ Menu

I Can’t Make A Court Date For My Brooklyn Custody Matter. What Do I Do?

If you can’t set a court date for your custody matter, you should notify the court right away, or have your attorney do so.

There can be serious ramifications from missing hearings in a custody matter, including losing custody entirely.

All of that can be easily avoided by working with the judge to reschedule the hearing, or finding other arrangements that may work better for you.
The judge will want to know that your reason for rescheduling the hearing is valid, like a necessary medical appointment or a professional or educational obligation that simply can’t be postponed.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, our attorneys can help ensure that your request to reschedule a hearing is given proper consideration by the Brooklyn Family Court, and that your custody matter is handled properly and professionally.

Protect your rights as a parent.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn Family Court and child custody attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.