≡ Menu

Can I Use An Order To Show Cause To Remove My Spouse From Our Brooklyn Home?

Yes, an order to show cause is a way of asking the court for emergency relief in a divorce, and allows you to present evidence in a hearing without your spouse present.

If the court grants the order, you’ll have to immediately serve notice to your spouse and allow them to present their side in a separate hearing or submission.

Orders to show cause can be used aggressively at the outset of a divorce, and usually result in a highly charged, contested divorce action that will go to trial.

When you need immediate action from the court in your divorce, orders to show cause are the way to achieve it.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get everything you need to advance your divorce action in Brooklyn.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 and speak to an experienced Brooklyn divorce attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.