≡ Menu

My Kids Have A Lot Of Conflict With The Roommate That My Former Spouse Is Living With In Brooklyn. How Should I Handle This?

If your kids are often in the company of an adult who isn’t treating them well when they spend time at your former spouse’s home, you should take the complaints seriously.

Your first step should be to talk to your spouse. It’s possible they don’t understand the scope of the conflict that’s happening, or you may find that they’re trying to get the roommate to go and just need some time to fix the situation.

Either way, by opening a dialogue (if possible) you can ensure that your kids’ complaints are heard and see what action can be taken to make things better for them.

If your former spouse seems unconcerned with the problem and is unwilling to take action, you should talk to your kids to try to learn as much as possible about what’s going on.

If there are any dangers to their safety, you have no choice but to ask for help in solving this.

No court will look kindly on visitation or custody arrangements that put children in jeopardy.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help make sure that your kids are protected when they spend time with their other parent.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn child custody attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.