≡ Menu

Can I Get A Divorce In Brooklyn Even If My Spouse Is Evading The Process Server?

Yes, if your spouse is evading a process server, there are alternative methods of notification, including sending your complaint via registered letter.

The court won’t let the situation stand forever, and ultimately the court will rule that your spouse is in default. Once that happens, you can move forward with the divorce without your spouse’s input.

It’s important that you can prove to the court that the address the process server is visiting is your spouse’s correct address, and that their workplace is still the correct business address for attempting to serve them.

From there, the court will allow the server to use alternative methods for service, and ultimately your divorce will move forward.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino understand how frustrating it is when your spouse attempts to block your efforts to leave.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 to make sure your divorce stays on track despite your spouse’s efforts at obstruction.

Comments on this entry are closed.