≡ Menu

My Spouse Won’t Cooperate At All In Our Brooklyn Divorce Action. Can I Still Get A Divorce

Yes, you can still get a divorce, even if your spouse has decided to sulk and try to obstruct the process.

The good news for you is that your spouse’s inaction won’t impede your divorce case, and in some circumstances, a non-responsive spouse can make the divorce process easier for you.

If your spouse never responds after being served with your complaint, you will receive what is known as a default divorce.

There are time limits in which your spouse must respond to your complaint, and if that time frame passes without action on their part, you’ll ask the court to find that your spouse is in default.

At that time, your divorce petition can be heard by the court, and if it is appropriate, the divorce can be granted without a word from your spouse.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-725-9601 to learn how your divorce can happen in Brooklyn even if your spouse refuses to participate.

Comments on this entry are closed.