≡ Menu

We Divorced In Another State And I Moved To Brooklyn. Which Court Do I File Custody Issues With?

If you’ve moved to Brooklyn after a divorce in another state and have custody matters to contend with, you’ll most likely be working through the court system where your spouse and children are.

There are exceptions though, and if there are compelling reasons why the courts in Brooklyn should be the home venue of a petition, the courts can agree to proceed here.

Custody matters can get difficult very quickly, especially when multiple jurisdictions are involved.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you stay on top of your case, and advance your interests before the court.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 and talk to an experienced Brooklyn child custody attorney today.

Comments on this entry are closed.