≡ Menu

My Spouse Earns All Our Money. How Can I Pay For A Divorce In Brooklyn?

Americans have a right to access our legal system, and a lack of money is no deterrent when you’re ready to exit a marriage where your spouse earns all of the household’s income.

If you’re worried about paying for the divorce as the lower-earning spouse, know that the courts are extremely familiar with your situation and have procedures in place to make sure you can get the help you need.

First, you’ll be able to petition for temporary spousal maintenance, which will be paid during the divorce process and help you get situated in your new life as a single person.

Second, you can ask the court to include your legal fees as part of the final settlement, meaning that your spouse will pay the costs related to the divorce.

And finally, spousal maintenance can be structured in a number of ways to see that you’re financially comfortable after the divorce.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino work with people in Brooklyn to ensure that divorce settlements meet their needs going forward.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with an experienced Brooklyn divorce lawyer.

Comments on this entry are closed.