≡ Menu

If My Ex’s New Job Puts Us In The High Income Category For Child Support, Do We Have To Go Through Brooklyn Family Court To Recalculate Everything?

Your ex spouse is required to report a new job to their local Child Support Enforcement office, but as to whether or not you’ll need to go before a judge and recalculate everything, that depends on whether your child’s needs are being met by the current arrangement.

If so, you may not need to do anything. However, if you have plans for certain educational experiences or other needs that would now be affordable under a different arrangement, you can ask the court to review the support order in light of the changed circumstances.

The first step is to identify your child’s needs, and then reach out to a Brooklyn child support attorney to determine the best step forward.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.