≡ Menu

What Collections Options Do I Have When My Ex Is Self-Employed?

You have more collections options than you may think when your former spouse doesn’t draw a traditional paycheck and has chosen to fall behind on child support or other obligations.

When your ex is failing to meet their required support payments, the state of New York can make them – or make life very difficult until they get current.

New York can suspend a driver’s license for late child support payments.

It can also intercept your former spouse’s tax refund, prevent them from accessing unemployment insurance and other safety net protections, and can even seize bank accounts and other financial instruments to make up the difference.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get the support you need from an ex who is flaunting court orders.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.