≡ Menu

My New Job Gives Me More Flexibility. Can I Modify The Custody Agreement To Have More Visitation?

Yes, but your first step should be to have a conversation with your former spouse about your new circumstances.

Logistical considerations will still apply, but most parents are happy to learn that they can get (free) help with the kids from a trusted adult.

If you are nearby and can be responsible for taking your child to or from regular activities, your former spouse may welcome a changed arrangement.

If not, you have every right to pursue additional time with your children, assuming that doing so isn’t disruptive to normal routines and schedules.

To learn more about how to structure to a custody modification petition – and how to win – call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.