≡ Menu

Can You Help Me Get An Emergency Custody Order When I File Against My Abusive Spouse?

Yes, we can and do help to protect your children from an abuser when you file for divorce.

When one spouse has a history of violence, whether the police have ever been called or not, it’s imperative that you take advantage of all the protections the legal system can confer to keep you and your children safe when you leave.

These include orders of protection, temporary custody orders, and temporary support orders so you and your kids have adequate funds to stay solvent in the near term.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we know that leaving an abusive marriage is one of the hardest and most frightening experiences one can go through.

It’s also the right thing to do, for you and your children. When you’re ready to get help getting free from an abuser, call us at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation with a Brooklyn divorce attorney.

Comments on this entry are closed.