≡ Menu

How Can I Get My Ex-Spouse To Meet The Terms Of The Divorce Judgment?

There are few things more frustrating than getting through the emotional turmoil of divorce, only to find that your carefully negotiated settlement appears to mean nothing at all to your former spouse.

Whether the problem is returning property that is rightfully yours, timely payments of child support or spousal maintenance, or responsibly living up to child custody agreements, your former spouse’s failure to comply should be a cause for concern.

When a failure to live up to the terms of a divorce judgment become constant and ongoing, it becomes necessary to seek relief from the court.

By petitioning for enforcement of the court’s orders, you can get support from a judge who has the power to collect delinquent funds or impose penalties for violating the terms.

Even if you aren’t seeking immediate relief for violations, it’s important to document patterns that may become significant over time.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you keep track of what’s important, and get help when the problems can no longer be ignored.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 and talk to a Family Law attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.