≡ Menu

Can I Make My Spouse Pay Into A College Fund If Our Child Is Only Six?

The court can order your spouse to pay for college or part of college, but usually only when the child is older and college expenses are a pressing concern.

For younger children who are likely to be college bound in the future, you should try to negotiate a system where both parents are taking measures to fund an eventual college diploma for your child.

And you should be prepared to communicate the importance of scholarships and affordable in-state tuition to your child.

At Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino, we work with parents to ensure that their children have all the opportunities possible even when their parents divorce.

We can help you negotiate a workable solution to college funding for even very young children.

Call us at 718-725-9601 today for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.