≡ Menu

How Can I Use Child Support Payments, And Do I Have To Share An Accounting With My Ex?

Child support payments are used by the custodial parent for the upkeep of the child, and the courts give great leeway on how those funds are used.

You do not have to account for child support spending to your ex, nor should you.

Family Court judges have little interest in hearing divorced couples squabble about whether one spouse spends too much on brand name foods for the kids when store brand products would work as well, which would be the outcome in many cases if you were required to share that information with your former spouse.

Support your child with child support.

If your former spouse is making unreasonable demands when it comes to how you use child support payments, let the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino help. Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.