≡ Menu

What Happens After My Spouse Responds To My Divorce Complaint?

Once you’ve filed for divorce and your spouse has answered or sent a counterclaim, you’ll have your attorney file a Request for Judicial Intervention (RJI).

If your spouse answered with counterclaims, or either of you needs immediate attention to matters like occupancy of the home, pendente lite support, or child support, you can schedule an immediate hearing.

The judge will issue a temporary ruling on these matters.

A Preliminary Conference will be scheduled, where your attorneys will talk through the issues of the divorce with the judge, noting which matters, if any, are resolved.

Whatever issues are left after the preliminary conference, if any, will be the focus of the next phase, discovery.

The best way to approach a divorce is with experienced legal counsel available to answer your questions every step of the way.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino are Brooklyn’s divorce attorneys.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.