≡ Menu

How Do I Get The Court To Make My Spouse Pay Me Maintenance?

If your income is lower than your spouse’s, you may request maintenance as part of the divorce settlement.

And more importantly, your attorneys can request immediate temporary maintenance to help ensure that you’re not financially devastated during the divorce itself.

New York law is very clear about the idea that a spouse’s financial position should not obstruct his or her access to courts to assert their rights as individuals.

If you want out of a marriage that you have sacrificed for, but don’t have a big income, that doesn’t mean you’re stuck.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help you get the financial support you need to get your life back on track.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 and talk to an experienced Brooklyn divorce attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.