≡ Menu

How Can I Get Back Into Our House When My Spouse Has Locked Me Out?

If your spouse has changed the locks and you have concerns about the potential for a physical confrontation if you try to get back in, you should take the matter to a judge.

brianNotify your lawyer of the situation, including the date(s) you tried to return to your home and the response you got from your spouse, if any.

Your attorney can seek redress from the court, which may include a change in the terms of your temporary agreement to remove your spouse from the home.

If you’ve been locked out by an angry spouse during a divorce proceeding, the law is on your side. Call the Brooklyn divorce attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-725-9601 to learn how you can safely go home again.

Comments on this entry are closed.