≡ Menu

Am I Allowed To Move Out Of State With Our Children?

Divorced New York families are often confronted with the hard decision of whether one former spouse should move out of state to pursue a career, follow a new spouse, or be closer to family.

When there are kids involved, the stakes can feel overwhelming, but don’t lose hope.

New York Family Court judges understand that these situations arise, and are open to a discussion of you moving with your children.

The easiest way to get a court’s approval to move out of state with your children is to have your former spouse agree to the move, and that can take some very skilled negotiation to achieve.

The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino have a lot of experience negotiating these types of agreements between former spouses, and have achieved great outcomes for our clients and their children.

And best of all, we strive to reach agreements that respect the important role that the non-custodial parent plays in your child’s life.

Let us help you find a path to the future you want to live with your children. Call us today at 718-725-9601 and talk to an experienced Brooklyn child custody attorney for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.