≡ Menu

My Former Spouse in Brooklyn Has Started Seeing Someone New – Can I Keep My Kids Away From The New Lover?

If you have reason to believe that your ex’s new boyfriend or girlfriend is a danger or a bad influence on your children, your lawyer will have to argue this in front of a Family Court judge as a custody matter.

If the judge agrees, then yes, you can insist that your ex’s new paramour stay away from your kids.

Barring that, this may be an opportunity for you to reassure your children that though your family continues to change, that both parents continue to love and be there for them.

If you have concerns that your former spouse is introducing negative people into your childrens’ lives, it’s best to talk this through with your lawyer.

You’ll need to document specific harm or specific danger, such as if you know that your ex spends time with people with criminal histories, substance abuse problems, and so on.

If so, you should act to protect your children. The attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help.

Call us today at 718-725-9601 for a free consultation.

Comments on this entry are closed.