≡ Menu

My Ex-Wife And Her Relatives In Brooklyn Talk Badly About Me To Our Children – How Can I Stop This?

New York recognizes a concept known as Parental Alienation, in which one parent continually disparages the other in a way that poisons the relationship between the former spouse and the child.

Whether the spouse means to create that chasm or not, Family Court judges strongly disapprove of efforts to undermine the relationship between a child and his or her parents.

If you believe your ex or your ex’s relatives are acting inappropriately around your children, you should talk to a Brooklyn child custody attorney about the situation.

If you can provide documentation of this conduct, all the better, but if it’s clear that your child is hearing things about you that aren’t true or that shouldn’t have been divulged, you may have reason to challenge your ex’s custody.

Call the Brooklyn child custody attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino at 718-725-9601 today to talk to an attorney about this situation for free.

Comments on this entry are closed.