≡ Menu

How Do We Cancel The Divorce If We’re Reconciling?

Congratulations! Sometimes the divorce process is what it takes for a couple to really put their issues on the table and open the door to work through them.

In New York, there are a lot of ways to stop or suspend a divorce action, usually based on how far into the process you are.

If the court hasn’t been notified and your spouse hasn’t been served yet, just let your lawyer know you don’t want to proceed, and the process is effectively over.

Later in the process, your attorney may need to file papers that formally discontinue the action.

If you and your spouse have reconsidered getting a divorce in Brooklyn, New York, the lawyers at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino can help. Call us today at 718-725-9601 and make sure your case is closed.

Comments on this entry are closed.