≡ Menu

Does My Spouse Need To Be Personally Served With Divorce Papers?

If you don’t know where your spouse is and can’t locate them, you can still get a divorce.

New York allows a process known as Publication Divorce for this exact circumstance.

In effect, you will publish a legal notice in a newspaper, making a public declaration of your intention to divorce your missing spouse.

To get a Publication Divorce, the first step is to do a thorough search, including through relevant public databases, the internet, DMV records, and more.

It helps to have the resources available to a law firm for the search.

If we are unable to learn your spouse’s whereabouts, we present the documentation of our search to the court and ask for a Publication Divorce.

Not sure where your spouse is and want a divorce? Call the Brooklyn divorce attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino today for a free consultation at 718-725-9601.

Comments on this entry are closed.