≡ Menu

Can I Move To Another State With My Kids?

Not without court approval.

That said, New York courts today are much more open to the idea that the custodial spouse can leave the state in order to provide a better life for the children.

When this issue arises, the court balances the strain that such a move will create in the relationship between the child and the non-custodial parent against other considerations related to the best interest of the child.

If you have a job offer out of state, or family reasons that make a move seem worthwhile, it’s worth raising the issue with your ex and the court.

Call the attorneys at Zelenitz, Shapiro & D’Agostino in Brooklyn at 718-725-9601 today to learn more about custody and relocation.

Comments on this entry are closed.