≡ Menu

Can I Move Out of State With Our Children?

If a party receives sole custody with no rights of visitation granted to the other party, then the custodial parent may leave the state.

However, if the parties have joint custody or sole custody with the non-custodial parent having rights of visitation, then the custodial parent can generally only leave the state with written permission of the non-custodial parent.

In such an instance, the custodial parent may be required to carry the entirety or a portion traveling costs so that the non-custodial parent may exercise visitation.

Comments on this entry are closed.